I’m so happy writing this post because it feels like PHCN just gave me a damn respect… not kidding! They brought the light just when I finished slicing my vegetables and took it immediately I finished taking my indoor pictures. So, they brought it just for me to take my pictures. Liiiiiiiike… I’m starting to suspect that I have a secret admirer there because the times they bring the light is like they are timing me or maybe it’s me that’s timing them lol.
Moving along, I’m slowly coming back into blogging. I’ve been dealing with some issues on my website, you know, perfectionist something but mehn, I’ll just start off where I can. If you have any thing or idea you’ll love to share and want me to blog about, please let me know in the comment section or send me a mail. Address is email@example.com
Also, I have an idea… I’m thinking of starting a DAILY MEAL section. I realise that most people find it difficult to think or find ideas on what to eat that’s fitfam compliant. I’m thinking of helping out by sharing 3 to 5 meals you can eat in a day.
Soooooo, I blogged a recipe for you guys. It’s a special potato shrimps stirfry. I love love love potatoes. Irish o, sweet o but I feel irish is soo bland so if I’m not pairing it with something tantalizing, I’m making something stupid that comes out nice out of it. Do you want me to blog something else using irish potatoes? No… not air fried chips lol. COMMENT YES if you do.
Sweet potato on it’s own is… (I’m about to divert again. Lemme just stop typing too much and move along again)
You see, this meal is pretty easy, tasty and very fitfam approved as it’s 100% healthy. By the way, I think shrimps are so disrespectful huh… they appear so big but when they come across oil, the way they shrink like “I can’t stand you” is so annoying.
Where was I? Okay yes, this meal is 100% healthy but… I’m not a calorie counter so I’m sorry I do not have the nutritional value of this recipe. Just relax, scroll, learn, and make yours. Trust me, you’ll love it.
Ingredients I Used
• Red bell pepper
• Green bell pepper
• Yellow bell pepper
• Orange bell pepper
• Irish potatoes
• Coconut oil (I used 1½ tbsp)
• Cameroon pepper
• Garlic powder
• Soy sauce
I love the way bell peppers come in different colours. It gives the food so much beauty to display while low in calories. This is my first time seeing and using orange bell peppers and I’m still wondering if there are other colours… you know, like brown, purple, pink bell pepper or even blue, indigo, and violet since the first 4 colours of the rainbow (red, orange, yellow, green) are already present in the bell pepper world. I’m trying to imagine what they will even look like… the way I think sometimes is beyond me hehe.
• Place a non-stick skillet on fire (I used a regular frying pan as my non-stick pan is too small but use non-stick o. I’m telling you from experience)
• Add your part of your coconut oil, shrimps, curry, thyme, Maggi, salt and stir fry.
• Remove shrimps and add your chopped boiled Irish potatoes (you really need a non-stick pan trust me). Stir fry for about 3 minutes or till potatoes have been cooked in spiced oil.
• Remove potatoes and add more oil. Add onions and sauté till translucent. Add bell peppers, Cameroon pepper, garlic powder and a little more salt to taste. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. (My kitchen started smelling real good at this time. I’m sure my neighbour’s were wondering who was throwing a party lol)
• Add the shrimps, stir and allow to simmer for about a minute to 2 minutes
• Add potatoes and stir. Leave to simmer for 2 minutes
• Add soy sauce (I used about 2 tbsp) and stir. Leave to simmer and allow all the flavours come together.
• Put off fire, food is ready. Serve hot and enjoy your meal.
Don’t forget to comment, like, and share… muaaah